30 July 2011

Good News/Bad News

BAD NEWS: Poor little, bitty Yorkie. Someone dumped him in our neighborhood. He has no collar and he is not chipped. The vet says he looks to be two-years-old and is not neutered. He is not listed on any Lost & Found sites. No posters in the neighborhood. Our neighbor kept him a couple of days. They went door to door trying to find out who he belongs to - no luck.

We kept him the next few days.  He had not been well taken care of  but evidently he was loved. He gets along with cats, dogs and people. Of course he bonded with my husband.  Not so much the  turtles.

I had his nails clipped. Honestly, I think they had never been done. He got a mini-hair cut  and a bath. Whew....looking good.

GOOD NEWS: Our daughter and a friend posted his scant bio at their work sites and we had several offers. The first lady who came out fell in love with him!  So goodbye little no-name! Parting is such sweet sorrow.

GOOD NEWS: My baby turtles are doing so well. They are never upside down. They eat well and are so alert.
BAD NEWS:  I found one of my adult box turtles dead. Darn it.I have no idea what happened. I take such good care of them. I see them almost every day. It's a mystery - Sob.

GOOD NEWS: I sewed out these darling coffee embroidery designs from Urban Threads.  Love them.
BAD NEWS: They are not exactly the same size and I they are a bit distorted.  I am having a terrible time putting them together with the cup design. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

GOOD NEWS:  My friend Betsy wore this shirt at sewing group. Too cute!! I saw it and went home and ordered it from English Springer Rescue's shop. Click to enlarge -- notice how the artist nailed the English Springer's personality.

BAD NEWS: Wait until my daughter sees me in the shirt tonight....oopsy daisy...the shirt will go on the rotation cycle.    LOL, actually that's normal news.

3 comments:

sewnews said...

Nice to have a good home for Yorkie

Oh no which turtle died?

Love the embroidery

Extra love the shirt... I want one!

quilteddogs said...

Oh, sounds like you have been through it. So sorry about the turtle. I can't tell what those coffee designs are on but sure do like them.

Sissie said...

The turtle was a mature one. No idea what happened.