02 June 2011

Sewing of late

My recent sewing is varied to say the least.  I volunteered, or got commissioned for some sewing for the adopted daughter. My Leslie, who owns, Cherry The Salon, has some very nice smocks for her customers. We thought she needed her logo on the smocks. I had her logo digitized then I embroidered the logo on the smocks. (I do not digitize but honestly the cost was very reasonable.)


OMG - panic....VERY nice smocks??  What if I mess up?
All turned out well... I did stabilize to the max: an iron-on + polymesh (to leave in) + bit of tear away floated under the hoop. I take no chances!

I am pleased and she is happy!

Then my little sewing group has been whipping out little girl dresses for our retreat charity this year "One Dress at a Time."  We all really enjoyed creating these bright and fun dresses.
I had a bit of left over fabric from my charity dresses....and it was destined for my little friend Alison.  She is the cutest 4-year-old ever.  Allison is one of those darling, little "pink" princess girls. 
Her darling mom is a yoga class friend.


Here is Alison in her gathered, twirly skirt. She was  surprised and  a bit too shy to try on the pink shirt that completes the ensemble.

(She ran in the closet to put on the skirt over her shorts! LOL)

 Mom can take a whole enchilada picture later!

Oh what fun! I know Alison wears mom out but she cracks me up!


2 comments:

quilteddogs said...

Love the smocks and what a cute little girl. Glad to hear there is still some modesty left in the world.

Sew News said...

Smocks looked very smart. Cute girl and outfit. Ditto on the modesty