02 November 2009

What's on my needles!

I've accomplished very little the past few weeks! As my friend Carole says....."Life has a way of taking over your best plans." (Or something like that.) My Grandmother used to say, "You can't get any thing done if you don't stay home." She was right but seems like I've stayed home a lot but either with a nasty headache or inertia.

On the needles: first is a lacy top using size 4 needles - eeekkk! With some guidance from my knit group I've completed the back. The red background may not be the best for picture but at least you can see the lacy pattern at the hem. Very challenging and fun. Now to get to the front and sleeves. Surely by spring I can wear it. My friend Noreen and I are going to a group at Family Arts Needlework Shop. Each person works on their own project but our leader is always ready to resolve or help you rip it out! This is a very nice shop with beautiful yarn and lovely ladies to help out.
On the needles #2: the periwinkle sweater is basic but interesting. I've completed the front and back. Now I am working on the cable strip that goes around the neck and arm openings. (A finished picture will come soon!)

Why do I have two knit projects? The lacy one is so intense, I have to count and keep track of the rows! The blue one, I can work on while I watch TV. So - it is relaxing.


The little coaster is a simple machine embroidery that I put under the Plexiglas. Isn't anything with a Scottie perfect?

Quilting Arts is a fantastic magazine - full of great ideas.


I made this glasses case from a pattern in this issue.


You've seen this crazy, wacky Christmas tree wall hanging in progress. I am finally finished. Whew! The holiday Scottie Dog fabric on the back has been in my stash for ages. Good to find a use for it.I do have another project which is still top secret. I'll show it after Christmas. Hopefully I get it finished.

No comments: