31 October 2009

Jerome

We recently took a day trip to Jerome. I haven't been there in years. On the way we stopped at Page Springs Winery. What a beautiful place! It's a small, family owned winery. Oak Creek Canyon runs at the back of the property. We walked all through the vineyards. Then we enjoyed a wine tasting. It was free because Leslie is a member! I had so much fun I forgot to take any pictures so be sure to click on the link!


Jerome is a busy, busy place. We walked around all day. Up at the Jerome Grand Hotel we had a lovely lunch on the patio. Formerly a hospital  it is a mile high. I think we walked a mile up the hill!  Lunch was to die for! The Asylum offers gourmet food, huge wine list and fantastic views.




The entire hotel was decorated for Halloween, right down to the bathrooms and elevator!

It's a really long wait at the telephone booth.

This poster was draped in spider webs.

Nice view of the mining area.

Terrible picture, but I love the 1928 Otis elevator which  is still in working order.





Please do not tell Ella - she stayed at home!

Truthfully, I spent a really long time in one store Knit 1 - Bead 2. 

It was totally worth the 25 stair steps straight up! One of the most creative shops I've ever seen. I can't wait to go again!

1 comment:

quilteddogs said...

Very cool. I haven't been to Jerome for a long time. Maybe we were on the highway at the same time; I was on my way to Prescott.