17 August 2009

Astonishing Sweater

My talented friends! It's enough to make me want to quit trying to sew or knit - only kidding!! The darling, complicated sweater above was made by Jo Anna. She will yell at me, but I had to show it off. From the details you can imagine how many colors she carried across the back. Just thinking about the chart makes me tremble. Can you even imagine the retail cost of such a sweater? This woman knows no fear with her projects! If I am not mistaken the sweater was made for her sister's grandson. The parents worked for DOT - you see those men at work! (If I am wrong, Jo Anna can comment with a correction. LOL)

Here comes the segue....I bet that little boy, wearing the sweater, would love seeing the tortoises. Because the DD was out of town, I babysat (from oldest to youngest) Francis, Bonnie and Lift-Kit (formerly known as Lucky.) Lift-Kit is so named because she walks high off the ground and does a great big lift-up when she is irritated. At my house she climbed right out of the baby compound and lived with the grown ups. The box turtles and the tortoises pay no attention to each other.


My linen skirt and blouse look great together. DD even borrowed the whole outfit. Ohhhhh, nice compliment.

While out to lunch with my talented girl friends - look who I spotted at Postino's bar! Ah, ha! Can you name the cute couple?

5 comments:

quilteddogs said...

Wow! That is some kind of sweater. I can't believe she made it. Okay, so who are the people at Postino?

Suzy said...

Well, it's not the Obamas....

Noreen said...

The sweater is absolutely incredible! I can't even imagine the attention to detail needed to accomplish this one. You gotta show the ladies at knitting! And I give - who is the couple????

Sissie said...

OK, the mystery couple -- not hot movie stars. Leslie and Rich are extended family! Our hot couple! ;-D

sewnews said...

OMG what a cute sweater. Such talent. Must be nice. Love the turtles