13 August 2009

Knitting Projects

Hot off my needles - my new Hug Wrap. This my second try. The first got ripped out after it was 3/4 completed - why? I didn't have enough yarn. Drats! The off white yarn here is a bamboo blend - which has a nice feel.



The pattern is easy except for a little trick called the provisional cast on. The actual pattern had two loops that joined at the front. (Click on the Hug Wrap link above). Looked dopey on me so I just made those ends into a bow.


Below is the yarn I wanted for my hug-wrap. Now it is almost a little girl's cardigan. Another new pattern for me. Here it is - five separate pieces. Now on circular needles, in careful order. I will start on the yoke this evening. After the patterned yoke, it is sewn together.

I'll let you know how it goes. I'm aiming for a size 2. There are two little grand nieces in Utah, surely it will fit one of them!

1 comment:

sewnews said...

Very nice projects. Love the little bag - pretty colors. David has good taste