20 September 2008

Is it fall yet?

Where did the week go? I was under the weather so it seemed to drag but here it is Saturday! Thank goodness I felt great yesterday! The regular Friday night, family gathering moved from our regular Mexican haunt to Lis Doon Varna, an Irish Pub. http://lisdoonvarnapub.com/. What fun! "Our authentic Irish pub was designed and built in Ireland before being shipped to Peoria, Arizona and reassembled by Irish craftsmen." The place is really charming and it was jumping with fantastic music - bag pipes and all. I wasn't too crazy about the food but the kids got me to try muscles on the shell. Not too shabby! I think I would try that again.

I finished a table runner and matching napkins this week. No picture yet because I just put the fall runner on the table. I also hung up one of my favorites "Frankie" and a little wall hanging I made way before I had my fancy machine. Hopefully my fall decorations will help move our temperature down a little. It would be nice to turn off the a/c.

2 comments:

quilteddogs said...

I know Frankie. I love Frankie. Let me know if you want help putting in urls without the entire link on your post. Pretty easy.

Anonymous said...

Fall? I sure hope so. I put my things out in the house hoping for the coller temps also. I love Frankie Too.