02 September 2012

Mojo Returning

I've had a hard time finding my sewing mojo lately. I've done some alterations and small projects. 
I may be in recovery now.  
I signed up for a really neat course called Sew Confident.
Developed by Linda Lee (whom I totally admire) and The Sewing Workshop it's really unique.
Project details and lessons are all on a purchased jump drive. Updates are emailed monthly. And the bonus here in Phoenix is that we meet twice a month at Bernina Connection. Once for a lecture and again for hands-on.  That's my advertisement..here's my first project.

 Nine Lives Vest is actually a shirt - so go figure. Normally I don't care for big square garments.
 I am obviously turning a corner - a square one I guess.
A page from the manual. The directions are fabulous, very detailed.  
And yes, the bottom is asymmetrical, another thing I normally resist. 
There was a neat embellishment for this lesson. But because my fabric was striped it really would not have worked out. My fabric is a nice linen I bought at a conference years ago.

2 comments:

Noreen said...

Wow, Sylvia, you are definitely a life-long learner! Always learning something new!

Mimi said...

Yes, sister, I had this pattern.