24 July 2012

Shirts Ahoy


It's darn hot here so some cool shirts are needed. The green striped knit came right off the rummage table at our summer sewing retreat. Just enough yardage  to turn into a cool shirt. I've used this e-pattern from Hot Patterns once before. I didn't put the neck treatment on this casual shirt. It fits just great!
My friend Suzy makes this pattern and each shirt is unique.
(She's unique too....and moving away! Drats!)



Tee below is is not my original idea - a friend at the same retreat, Joy, wore her shirt like this. I happen to have those designs. So there you go. The purest form of flattery! If only I looked like her in the shirt!




I believe these are Advanced Embroidery Designs.
  

I had to re-hoop for each lady as I have not invested in a new embroidery machine in ages.

 My linen baseball blouse below is a Louise Cutting pattern, which I've had for ages  - By Popular Demand. I tried a shirt on like this made by a friend and I really liked it.  I made it two inches longer (maybe a mistake). I had to keep taking in the sides a lot...it is meant to be roomy, loose fitting but really!  I didn't realize Louise was such a fan of Steam-a-Seam strips. Wow....she used them all over -  for hems and facings. It makes a nice finish for sure. I will make it again.




The unfinished top is left-over fabric from another blouse project. (In fact I used that same Hot Pattern as above for the blouse.)

What you see here is a faux-wrap,  Jalie Pattern 2910.  My fabric is pretty sheer so I am considering letting this be like a wrap and  just hang down in points  I could easily wear it with the blouse or a black strappy top.
 Surprisingly it's warm fabric to be so sheer.

4 comments:

Suzy said...

I put fish-eye darts in the Louise Cutting shirt, to take in the width. Love the green stripe - so cool and comfy looking. Sitting on the patio with a mojito type of shirt.

Sissie said...

Nice tip
..thanks

sewnews said...

All very nice looking.... I have seen the Louise Cutting in person and it is very nice. Very cool indeed.

Anonymous said...

Lots of helpful information. I have bookmarked your site.