19 November 2011

Using stash and recycyling

Halloween came and went - so fast!
I embroidered a design on the red that really  matches the printed gold fabric.
Mostly autumn is in the house, not outdoors!




 This yummy yarn worked into a great scarf.
I think the brand is Toyko. My friend and I found it at Tempe Yarn and Fiber. I can't wait to go back!








Now for the use it up  & recycle section:


 These pillows for the couch were made entirely from my stash - oh, except for one zipper. A friend gave me the print fabric & trim. My sister gave me quilted fabric.
This animal embroidery pillow is my piece de resistance. A Goodwill fleece vest was the beginning. A large vest but such darling embroidery!  I let it mature in my stash. Finally, it mellowed into a project. With consults from the sewing group, I used a left-over piece of zebra-striped, minky fabric for the mitered border and the back.  Fiber fill was given to me. So..cost zero.....satisfaction factor - priceless. 

3 comments:

sewnews said...

All very nice projects. Really like your animal pillow

betsy said...

Love it all. Especially, the monkey. Wait, no especially the scarf...or maybe...

Sissie said...

Thanks girls. Sewnews you gave me that home dec fabric & the trim, remember?