26 November 2011

Experiments on the needles!

 These finger-less gloves (wrist warmers) are already on the DD hands!  She scarfed them up the moment she saw them - "Just what I wanted!"  Which warms a mom's heart!


I thought I had no pictures...but ah-ha....I did take a snap in progress, to show a friend.  The pattern was free at Lion Brand patterns: Dolce Fingerless Gloves.


I used Lion Brand yarn called Amazing (from the local box store using a coupon, of course.) I chose an ombre heather which is called Cobblestone. 
  Cobblestone
It actually changed so much between the two gloves  - they look pretty different but still fun.
I'll get another picture of both finished mitts. Double pointed needles make me a little crazy at first...eventually I get the hang of it. Unfortunately I only had  aluminium in the size required  7 & 9. I'll spring for bamboo before I make them again.


Look at these precious stitch markers. My friend Betsy gave these to me.....actually because my DH shared camera info with her. No objection from me....I LOVE them.
 Ahhh...Steam Punk....my heart be still.
 You gotta love them! Too cool.

And now...drum roll  (NO I DID NOT MAKE THIS....) it's my long awaited birthday present. From hubby....yeah ,sorta - kinda. (I did a lot of planning and he agreed it was from him!)
Typewriter key bracelet.

No comments: