21 August 2011

A Moment in Time

I fell in love wtih this quilted clock wall hanging.  It was a project in Stitch MagazineHere's the thing, I only looked at the magazine while in Barnes and Noble. I didn't purchase it. Drats! Months later I was still haunted by it. So.....I searched the internet and voila' I purchased the individual pattern from them without buying the magazine.

And here it is just changing the fabrics to my liking.

I have a fantastic button jar. It's loaded with my "aged" buttons. Many are  from my grandmother's button tin. I did a lot of previewing until I got just the right look.
... what a fun project. 

I also finished  a great looking Vogue pattern for the daughter.
 Egad, it looks like nothing like this flat picture. . I only had it on her a few minutes to mark the hem. I will get a picture with her in it. It's really a nice looking.dress  DKNY 1250.
Yeah...looks like this.
A great fit and a simple pattern. It has a ton of good reviews at http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/topsearch.pl

That's it for a while, I'll be on vacation with my camera, Kindle, knitting needles and net book. 


4 comments:

sewnews said...

Wow you have been busy. Have made a fabric clock but not as a quilt. Cool Idea. Love the dress very nice.

sewnews said...

PS Love your new background

Sissie said...

Oh thanks...the dress evidently has no hanger appeal. Looks good on a body. LOL Ahhhh...background was inspired by you!

quilteddogs said...

Way cool. Does that clock really work? Have a good vacation.