20 March 2011

Don't Do It

I chose some test fabric
I followed a tutorial for a Book-style Kindle cover. I already made  a very nice cover in the embroidery hoop.  But always searching for more ideas ...."onward to new styles", I said to myself. Determined to document the process....
I followed directions
I took pictures along the way.
So I hate it, it does not fit at all...arg!
 Today I will either try to adjust or toss it. You ask if I checked along the way for size/fit? Heck no, I just assumed the tutorial measurements were right.
I used this tutorial link if you are even slightly curious. 


But wait there's more......don't do this either!  I was lured to this recycle idea..a necklace from an old t-shirt.  Martha Steward and Queen Latifa just love it.     What the heck was I thinking?



     Cut the t-shirt in strips, pull to make them curl, 
                  and voila' you have ...


   a bunch of crap around your scrawny old neck. 

4 comments:

Noreen said...

But your crap looks quite good! LOL!!!!!

Sissie said...

Jo Anna (trusted friend) told me that perhaps this project is for the younger set. LOL - she is sew right!

quilteddogs said...

Oh, that's bad and I even considered using that tutorial myself. I do love the tshirt necklace though. Don't know why you don't.

Sz said...

The t-shirt necklace is, well...ok. I guess. Personally, I agree with you - there are so many much nicer things to wear around one's neck.