07 August 2010

Dog Daze



It's way too hot for much to be going on. We welcome the rain but the resulting humidity is a bit of a shock!  


I dropped in to Quiltz, a nice store but not very close to me.  I spotted  this darling doggie fabric - which howled at me and  begged me to take it home!! I visualized a tote bag. Here it is ....honestly, I didn't even let the fabric age. 

The pattern is Open City Tote. from Penny Sturgis. I decreased the width to about 13 1/2 inches.  It has lots of pockets and it is  nice size for me.


Is this cute or what??  A friend gave it to me - she tried to find a turtle but no such luck. Love it.
 I am amazed what the rain did for my poor old ocotillo. Most of the time it looks like an old, dead stick......wow, I am impressed!

Rain - oh yeah!!!  The turtles are hiding out in some nice puddles.


1 comment:

quilteddogs said...

Very, very cute bag. Love it.