06 December 2009

Tree Skirt

Here it is......my work of art - labor of love!

Finally it is finished and under the daughter's Christmas tree.  I had to make this because her tree is decorated primarily with cute doggie ornaments. These embroidery designs are from Embroidery Library.  The set is called Feliz Navidog.  I had put off sewing these for a while because of the stitch count. The average for each design is 30,000 stitches.

The rest of the story is that my machine started acting up on the next to last design. And on the next to last color - of course!!  I had to take my poor, precious machine in to be serviced and leave it there - probably for a month. I borrowed a dear friend's machine and finished the last two designs.

For a simple, 8-panel tree skirt this turned out to be pretty labor intensive. However, I have a new appreciation for my serger and its piping foot now. I have a Baby Lock Evolve serger. I loved it before but the speed of creating and inserting piping have taken us to a new relationship!!!

2 comments:

Suzy said...

That's my major complaint with the Embroidery Library designs. Lovely designs, but the stitch count is huge. I always feel like I'm making cardboard.

Hope your dear machine has been fixed and is purring along nicely.

sewnews said...

It looks terrific. Yes, lo9ve the serger