07 October 2009

Projects

Some projects have the Kiss-of-Death all over them from the get-go! For example this cute dotted knit. I got ready to cut the pattern and whoa....who cut this big old slash in my fabric??? Surely not me? Grrr... Alrighty then - I worked around that disaster. My pattern is Very Easy Vogue 8323. As I assembled the front I found I was missing a section....totally forgot to cut it. Whew, the trash can held the left over fabric. Fine. Next I discovered I cut the wrong center back. So with view A cut for the front and view C cut for the center back...it was either be creative or the trash!

Yeah, Very Easy Vogue if you have a brain!



The end result is OK, but not stellar in terms of fit. I'll have the girlfriends see if it can be tweaked. It is a nice soft knit which is a littler greener than the picture shows. (I used to like it!)
It came from from SAS - so no tears!

Below are the logo shirts for the almost son-in-law's business - Sun Blockers. It is about only repetitive work I do! It's a cute logo that we designed together. He loves my embroidery thread box and he picked the colors. He seems really proud to wear them and he get lots of comments. (Would I sew logo shirts for money? No way! Just for family!)

The kids had a community garage sale last weekend. I brought home these treasures. They are Sac crocheted pillows which happened to be a perfect match for the red wall in our family room. I washed them and did a tiny repair on a zipper.

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Like the knit fabric. Have the pattern. So, how did you finish combining your view C with view A? Judging from the neckline on the hanger, did you just gather the neck into the shoulder seams, deciding to forgo the collar?

Just curious. I found I had to pull the fronts in at the center princess seam - this top is drafted for larger than a B cup. Or at least that view appears to be.

Sissie said...

Suzy, Yes, I did just that gathered to fit with some trimming of the higher neck edge. The oddest thing is I have made that blouse before, in the lower neck view. It was huge! I seamed up every princess seam and even the sides. This one is pretty snug at the body - nothing to do with the neck. And nothing to do with the stretch of which there is ample. Duh!