30 July 2009

College Laundry Bag

My precious goddaughter is leaving for college soon! Wow she grew up so fast it's all a blur. Seems like she should still be about this age -- baby Ella and Liana (2003).
And now she's all grown up!
I made her a laundry bag to take to college - LMU. Although from what I've observed, she might need a Mac truck to haul all her laundry!
I used the largest lettering I could to fit the pockets. I wrapped the outside of the mega hoop with a light & tacky stabilizer, then stuck the pocket down and basted it in the hoop. Worked like a dream.
I was so thrilled to embroider those little dresses on hangers! Oh my heart be still -- girly stuff. Finally, the perfect opportunity to order those little embroidered lingere' items!
Liana has always been crazy about dogs that's why I chose that little, bitty, Scottie print on the boxers. (Hopefully you can click to enlarge the pictures.)

Hard to see - but inside the top pocket there is a long key fob and a secret zipper pocket.
The bag is a quilted denim, I think is called sandstone. It is a perfect weight for this bag. It measures about 24" x 26". Let's hope she likes it.

5 comments:

sewnews said...

Great bag I know she will love it

Sissie said...

Thanks, I gave it to her at the big part Saturday night, She LOVED it! Whew!

Suzy said...

They sure do seem to grow up too fast. Love the little dresses you embroidered. Too cute!

quilteddogs said...

Very cool and baby Ella is/was so cute!

Sissie said...

Oh yeah, Baby Ella is soooo chocolate-faced and sweet. Truth be told - she chewed on us anytime she could. Baby teeth - ouch!