01 September 2014

Summer Sewing & Knitting

The dress and top are both for Janna.   If I get her to model, I will immediately change this post picture! The Christine Jonson wrap dress is easy to construct. Next time I will raise the V neckline a little. I ordered the ITY knit - either Gorgeous Fabrics or Fabric.com. (It's aged, so I've forgotten.)


Another jersey knit - 4 way stretch made in a favorite Jalie pattern.
Fabric from dear old big box store! I worried about the hem because it is double in front due to the lap over. With some help  -- serging on bias fusible tape....it worked out perfectly.


 Ah...finally.....my hand-knit hoodie cover up. Fell in love with magazine picture months ago. Yarn is a soy silk from SWTC, they have an outlet here. I used size 7 needles. The actual color is a beautiful sage green. Very fun to make.

This adorable straw bag is a gift from a really cute lady who comes out to visit my neighbor every year. I told Sandy I was in love with her bag.  I searched all over the net - every place was sold out. One afternoon she came over and gave the purse to me --  saying she had enjoyed it enough and she had a new bag.
How sweet is that!

I quickly made Sandy a couple of my favorite zip pouches.
I actually have Sandy to thank for getting me blogging again because she liked Ella's blog so much.

4 comments:

Suzy said...

Finally! She's back! Hooray! I as beginning to wonder if something had happened to you!

sewnews said...

Good to see your post. Love all your new work

Sissie said...

Aw you two ladies are my best (and only ) fans. Thanks!!

Noreen said...

Hey I'm a fan too. Love Sylvia's creations!