28 May 2012

Skirting a challenge




This adorable skirt was bought from a street vendor while the kids were in Argentina....and she loves it.  My commission was to see if I could duplicate it.  I think I can.....first try is some cotton knit I had on hand and it's really not the same hand. The original is a cotton blend/jersey knit. An interesting note....the vendor showed Janna how to also wear this skirt as a strapless top. It looks great as a top. 
 (Go figure! But on her - of course it looks great.)
She likes this leafy print. I have the idea, the fit is good so now I find the proper fabric.

I kinda like taking a picture without my face!

On to what I sewed up for myself. This great little vest is a Sewing Workshop pattern - Mimosa Top.
I left it open as a vest because I recently saw it done that way at a Linda Lee trunk show.

I happened to have this sort of heavy cotton lace piece. Who knows why? But I love how it worked out.
 I will definitely make this top again.

2 comments:

sewnews said...

Very nice vest

suzy said...

Faceless photo. Rather like Magritte's painting. Woman in the bowler hat...err, bowler vest?