02 July 2011

Sewing Retreat all Gone!


It came and it went so very fast. How can that happen? My baby sister came out a few days before the retreat. She stayed a couple of days afterward but not long enough. Truly, I am having withdrawal.  My life-long friend, Carole (who feels like Earleen is her sister too) was with us every giggly moment. Oh my gosh......laughed until we cried.  

And do I have a picture of us? No - I guess I was too busy. Drats.
 I hope someone took a picture of the three of us and sends it to me.


Sew-In ladies donated over 90 little dresses to this year's charity, One Dress at a Time. There were other donations of fabric and accessories as wellPatrick generously donated a lot of his fabrics! 
Donna, Linda and Edi accepting the dresses,


We enjoyed an all-day workshop with Patrick Lose and his assistant, Gary.  They shared some fantastic tips and techniques. We chose our project from three of Patrick's designs. Gary made kits and we brought threads and basic sewing notions.
Betsy with Patrick.

 I chose the sunflower as my project. I'm very pleased with it.

Our own ladies offered terrific information during our mini-demonstrations throughout the weekend. 
Bettye and Cornelia present a technique.

I didn't finish a lot of projects. But honestly this year was so productive in many other ways. We had one hysterical evening with friends from way across the valley who we haven't seen in 2 years. 
 I totally enjoyed my two chair massages.   
The food was to die for as usual. 


 We had a big "Quilted Raffle." I won the place mats I wanted, which were meticulously made by my friend Suzy. My pictures don't do them justice...World Travel mats. So cute and they go well with my new counter tops.

Back of the mats.

My Christmas purse is cnearly finished.

Applique' all done and hanging up!

Little vinyl zip bags, always good gifts.
Halloween runner, so cute!

2 comments:

quilteddogs said...

What a fun purse. How come I didn't see that? Looks like patrick was yelling at me.

SewNews said...

All very nice projects.