29 October 2010

Bracelet Bonanza!

I took a break last week and spent 2 nights with a girlfriend who lives wayyyyy across town. We had so much to do. We shopped at tiny cute boutiques. We had to have Happy Hour and lunches at very cute places. 
 I can't even remember the all names not could I locate them on my own!

 My very favorite lunch was at the Queen Creek Olive Mill. What a fun place. We had perfect weather to sit out on the patio and eat our artisan sandwiches. 


My friend does everything: sews, knits, crochets, reads and beads. (Goodness knows what else!) I am put to shame. Her friend is encouraging her to sell her creations.
Works in progress.
An awesome  combo.

I bought the black bracelet from a fantastic bead gallery. Jo Anna made the red one but it came home with me! Yeah!!!! 

We tried our hands at a knitted/beaded bracelet  pattern. It got a little dicey for me! Thank goodness for the  excellent tutoring on bead selection and stringing. The results are very nice.
Jo Anna's is yummy turquoise with clear glass.

Mine is gold/bronze with the same clear glass bead.

The directions specified metallic hand embroidery thread (all 6 strains) for the knitting. Whew, that was a challenge!  I learn a lot of little tricks. I had never strung beads on any yarn. I think I'll try again when we find a substitute for the metallic thread. It tends to split and just doesn't feel nice.

Sun Lakes is such a peaceful and charming place.  What prompted this sleep over?  Her husband is "down under" on a birding trip.  







No comments: