03 August 2010

Trying New Things


 My friend brought the most delicious cookie balls to our last sewing gathering.  Orange Ball No-Bake Cookies! They were fantastic.




1 stick butter
1 box (16 oz.) confectioner’s sugar
1 can (6 oz.) frozen orange juice concentrate
1 c. finely ground pecans
1 c. flaked coconut
1 box (12 oz.) vanilla wafers, crushed

Melt butter add other ingredients. Mix together.
Form dough into small balls and roll in wafer crumbs

(I rolled them in a bit of powdered sugar.)          

I just had to make them for our family night. Really a bit hit!   No one could figure out all the ingredients. (Store cookies in the freezer or refrigerator.)  There are variations on the web-  Google orange ball cookies.
  I might use lemonade next time - that would be interesting.

 Then I decided I needed new apron.  I incorporated a bit of cool, refreshing fabric and a new design. Voile' new apron!

Close up of the design which is from
Urban Threads. Very funky site!




A while back I used another of their designs to make the little gift for the very same "cookie maker" friend! That's you Leslie!


2 comments:

quilteddogs said...

Oh, I could totally make those cookies.

Love the design. Never saw that at Urban Threads.

sewnews said...

What a treat to try. Love the apron Yes, sewing is sexy