22 May 2009

Bathroom Re-do Complete!

Truthfully, the bathroom has been done for a few weeks. I'm way behind in my reporting. My blogger friend gave me a nudge so here are some pictures.The tub is a wonderful deep, long soaking tub. Very relaxing. The glass wall and window tiles are new too and let lots of light in.

I am thrilled with the tile. The little rock trim is so earthy, calm and pretty. I love it on the shower floor. I get the feeling I am in a river. A walk-in shower is just the best! No door to clean!! The little niches on inside the shower and out are very convenient.
The vanity is very high, nice for a tall girl. I love the framed mirrors! The wood matches our bedroom furniture.

You may notice a few rocks in the arched window over the tub. These are from my DH's rock collection. I'll see if I can get the names correct.


Below - quartz crystals.

Below is desert rose a beautiful form of gypsum formed between sand particles.

Honestly not a clue. He hinted at something that I cannot even attempt spelling. Very pretty - close to my favorite.

Below my personal favorite, amethyst. Gets sun all day so...it is said to bring healing, tranquility and removes negativity.

Below is chrysocolla (associated with tranquility, ahhh!)

Next....not a stone but my little birds who hold up a wash cloth when ask.

4 comments:

quilteddogs said...

What a perfect bathroom. I like the little niche and I would never have thought of the rock. Very cool.

sewnews said...

Have seen it in person and it is fabulous. You are one lucky girl.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You are lucky Sylvia. love the niches.
Sylvia d

Anonymous said...

Gosh, what an ideal bathroom I love rocks and marble and natural stuff. You did good